Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Taco Tuesday side shot using Samsung S8+ and Adobe Photoshop Elements

My recently acquired Samsung S8 plus has a 'pro' mode where you can save pics in in RAW form. For all the non-photographers out there it is an uncompressed picture file. What that does is not to shrink the shot into a jpeg with some algorithms to make the pic look nice. RAW sounds what it means. It's literally a raw file for someone to tweak the way they want. A typical jpeg file size on this phone is around 2-3 megabytes. A RAW file is around 24 megabytes so you can tell there's a lot more info to work with.

So yesterday I took a few shots and I used a sideshot which came out decent. I wanted to remove a few things to reduce clutter and distractions.

If you look at my before and after you can see the trailer on the right is gone and so is the light post. A few other things were removed too. I'm pretty slow at it so this took me an hour and while I could have done more I didn't since it's not going to be for distribution.

Check it out and let me know what you think.


after and before pics. Oh what an hour makes!


same pic as above but I wanted to go big

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...