Saturday, May 6, 2017

My 2 cars are manuals and boxy

I guess I like straight lines a lot.



They're exactly 30 years apart but both have a straight hood and 'trunk.'

The Bimmer has "massive" 15 inch wheels and the Taco has "tiny" 16s.

Both are stick shift but the E30 has a aftermarket short shifter while the Taco has a somewhat longer throw but it's actually smoother.

E30 clutch is like doing a leg press. I actually got foot pain (plantar faciitis) from driving it straight for 2 months. I do have to admit wearing slip on shoes didn't help. The Taco clutch is light as a feather.

Bimmer has a single piston front brake while the Taco has 4 of them instead like you see in Brembos.

All in all they're different and I wouldn't have it any other way. I may need an automatic in my life though. lol

At the end of the day I'm a car guy. It will never end until the day I die but I think my kids will continue the legacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...