Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sliders and Tacos do mix!!!

I recently decided in case my mall crawler ever hits dirt I should have protection. After doing research and seeing the costs of shipping a set to me I decided to see if there were any local fabricators.

I found one on the forum I've frequented a lot Tacoma World in the 2nd gen forums. Ryan of Shmellfab only has 1 thread posting about his work. The good thing is the mounting points of a 3rd (2016-2017) gen Tacoma are exactly the same as a 2nd generation (2005-2015) Tacoma. He does have to make an adjustment to the front of the slider when he builds it but that's about it. Another reason I wanted to go local is that he would install it. I'm a DIY guy as you know but certain things I leave it to the professionals especially when it comes to something heavy above my head.

I stopped by his home where he builds the sliders and we did a video to showcase his work and install.

I have to say his work is clean and they are solid on the Taco.

If you're local I'd recommend buying his products.

Video and pics of his work.




mall crawling door ding protector

custom removable step

My son Jesse supervising Ryan's install


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...