Saturday, October 3, 2015

Trying to avoid Johnny Law with the Cravenspeed front license plate holder and custom CA black plates

I've had my personalized plates for a few years and on 3 cars.

I found out earlier this year that DMV approved the 1960's style legacy plates so I placed my order.

click here for DMV info

Exactly 3 months later they arrived.

I hate drilled holes in bumpers so I made sure that the dealer didn't touch it.

I got a good deal on a cravenspeed plate holder from a forum member and it was new in box.

Installation was simple and looks to be a quality piece. the only thing is it would look better towards the center a little more but check out my video for my explanation.







2 comments:

  1. Hi rob, I'm from california too, and i have a 2016 vw GTI, i want to get the black license plate but i try to order online but I couldn't place the order because I'm still paying for the car. I would like to know how you got them and if you can tell me step by step what do I need to get them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, financing shouldn't be a factor for getting the plates. Did you ensure you answered the 2 questions online properly? auto being the first and no being 2nd if company vehicle.

      Delete

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...