Saturday, October 17, 2015

Gotz me some new shoes

I picked up some 18x8 OZ Ultraleggera in 18x8 +45 wheels the other day. It was used set and the I got them for a really good price. Buying wheel can be risky. You really have to check for bends and cracks. If they have them they will be a safety issue or cannot ever be balanced right having shakes and shimmies while driving.

There was some curbage but I sanded them down and used an old can of gunmetal spraypaint. it wasn't perfect but you wouldn't be able to tell unless you really look at it.

curbed
more curbage
tire was replaced so i didn't care to mask it

much better!




















Without further ado...






2 comments:

  1. Hey Rob, love your Youtube channel and blog on the new Golf R. I'm an original MK4 R32 owner and have been impressed with the MK7 so far. FYI - those wheels are the Ultraleggera's. The Superleggara's are a little different design (have them on my R). Nice, strong, light wheels either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the compliment and correction. It was late when I wrote it and rarely use "ultra" in my vocabulary so "super" just fell off the tongue better. haha. thanks again!

      Delete

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...