Sunday, October 25, 2015

Dyno Day for GTI's and little ole me....


This morning we did a meet up /dyno day where 6 out of 7 MK7s were GTIs and myself the lonely R. As you may know I'm using the Burger Tuning JB1 "stage 1" piggy back and an APR intake. No other power mods.
The rest of the crew were all stage 2 versions of Revo, Eurodyne, Apr and Giac.

I did a respectable 309hp and 339 lbs tq at the front wheels. It was run like this because unless you have a roller type of dyno and the right settings, it won't run right. I think I like 2 wheel drive mode only since it's a head to head with the little brother GTI. 

All in all for $400 and getting 45hp, it's not a bad mod. I'm planning on tweaking it with Map 6 to get better boosting.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...