Tuesday, October 27, 2015

How did fingerprints get in my headlight housing?!!? AND IT'S POINTING WEIRD!!! UPDATED WITH VIDEO

So as you know I'm the original owner of my Golf R.

I wanted to change the cornering lights from the yellow shade to white to match the HIDs from the headlights. Well I bought a cheap pair (under $2 on ebay) and one was bad. I looked how it lit up and then I discovered the fingerprints! I wore rubber gloves but in order to put your paws in that reflector there are only 2 ways:

When assembling the housing or if for some reason you decide to stick a finger in the bulb opening for whatever nonsensical reason.

I wore gloves by the way so even if I had some weird thought to "finger" my headlight it wouldn't do that.





Well crap! I thought it as my imagination that it was also pointing too high until I tested it tonight in a dark business park! Horrible QA on the lights. If it wasn't the manufacturer who did this then why would the dealership do it? Makes no sense but at the same time explains how the fingerprints got there like they tried to do something with that corner light. I know that the headlight points a little higher on the left as well. 

Check out my video showing the light difference!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...