Thursday, August 13, 2015

JB1 overview get 35hp plus just with 4 plugs!!!

Just did my video of the JB1 overview.

It's not a how to install but pointing out things. The top 3 plugs will take you less than 5 minutes.

The bottom one is the bugger! I'm not sure who has wafer thin arms to get access to the top. After 10 minutes of trying to figure out where the heck was that plug I decided to go under which I should have in the first place.

The second challenge was removing the plug. I didn't recall the advice to actually push into the plug then loosen it as it forms some sort of vacuum.

Now for performance...woot!!! Talk about POWAH!

I recommend this product because of a few things:


  • plug n play - you can install it and not wait for a shop to install or uninstall
  • it's completely undetectable once removed. BMS has been in the game for several years on Bimmers and there hasn't been any issues on their latest products. Prior they used to solder so that made things more obvious to the watchful technician but not any more
  • It's priced nicely. This stage 1 tune runs about $400. Besides for a direct competitor of Neuspeed the other tunes (albeit ecu flash) run $600 or more. APR is one of the most popular and you'll be paying $800 plus possible labor. 
If you're in California, you Burger will not sell you this direct. Message me if you need help getting it here in Commifornia for "off-road" use of course.


2 comments:

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...