Saturday, September 19, 2015

My first canyon run in the R

I went to Glendora Mountain Road tonight otherwise known as GMR to a lot of the race guys, cyclists, tourists, etc...

There's some seriously sharp turns on this road. You definitely have to pay attention or you going to get into trouble.

We hung out at the top of the mountain with a few others. It was pitch black up there...well the entire road was but HIDs are helpful. Anyhow I decided to try some light painting using my phone along with my Canon 6D and new 24mm Sigma Art lens.

I recorded a video on my dash cam and uploaded 3 minutes of it. You'll get the gist of the road. Also notice how quick my headlights change angles from right to left. Great for this kind of night driving.

I was running in manual sport and between 3500 and 5000 rpm depending on gears. I used my paddle shifters during the whole run. I disable traction control but not fully. If you choose full ESC it will brake and understeer too much.

The R held it's own. I could catch on to the S2K but since I wasn't familiar with how the turns were I downshifted earlier when entering the curves. I have to say DSG is really nice to have.



Here are my light paint shots of my car and the s2000. I think it came out decent for a pitch black location.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...