Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cleghorn ? What's that? It's a fun trail!!!!

A friend of mine just picked up a Jeep Wrangler and added a lift. He called me and invited me out to Cleghorn along with a few others to have some off-road fun. You may have seen my Holy Jim post which was my first off-road outing.  It's rated "easy" at Holy Jim. Now Cleghorn can go from mild to wild depending on the path you choose. I've seen 2wd trucks taking some paths so if you ever want to go, just go...but be sure you take someone who knows where they're going unless you're okay backtracking.

I learned a few things with my Taco. I should have run 4LO with traction control off when I tried going up the steep hill. I literally had no power and I smelled my clutch smoke. Now I know. lol



So the order of driving was the TRD Pro 4runner because he's been here the most. 2nd was the Sport 4x4 Taco with Kings suspension. 3rd was my buddy's lifted Jeep and me with stock suspension.



My boys were excited to go on this outing and you can see it in the end.



Check out my YouTube Channel and Video highlights





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...