Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Save yourself a dumb ticket and put on a front plate! Gotta make is semi decent though...

In California it is the law to have a front license plate. Lots of people still drive without one but this is just an opportunity for law enforcement to pull you over for probable cause while in disguise it's more of a 'fishing expedition' on you. Also areas like in Los Angeles have the meter maids who will just ticket you while parked. That's $20-60 gone from your pocket.

I like anybody else wants their car to look clean and modern as possible but I refuse to pay a frivolous expense.

This is the tow hook relocator  from ebay: ebay auction

it seems to be a copy of this one: original model?



Check out my video about this install.



You can see my old blogpost about the Cravenspeed model which is nicely built but not adjustable: Cravenspeed plate relocator on Golf R

I really like the option of height and angle to conform to the bumper. It just eases the pain.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...