Thursday, October 6, 2016

Trunk slamming hard? You NEED new lift supports!!!

So my recently purchased BMW 335i needs new trunk shocks. They are officially known as lift supports but who uses that terminology? I call them trunk shocks. Others may call them dampers, struts..whatever. The point is your trunk or hood is slamming hard and could take out something you cherish.

I bought mine from eBay for $17. OEM shocks are double that so I decided since I don't open my trunk on a daily basis that I can live with a cheaper unit. They definitely made a difference.

Check out my YouTube video with my sons helping me on it. The only tool you need is a flat head screwdriver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...