Sunday, October 29, 2017

My Taco doesn't have a crunch ... it CREAKS !!!

Yes folks. After 10,000 miles my clutch pedal developed an annoying creak. It happens after some time driving and when it's warm indicating the lubricants could be failing at a certain viscosity.

It gets really stiff when it does this as well.

I took it to the dealer and they couldn't duplicate the issue and lubed up all the joints. Well I drove it the next day and boom! Creaking is back. Now it's not as loud as I documented in the video but it's there.

There isn't a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) or recall on this year. There is one for the 2005-2015 second generations which they replace the entire pedal assembly. I'm curious which parts have been carried over to the third gen.

It's a good truck overall but this sure is annoying. Nobody can get everything perfect but they do need to strive just a tad more. I wanted to add too that I'm not the only person with this issue so it's not an 'bitter owner' syndrome.

Check out my videos and please post if you're a victim as well.

Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...