Saturday, May 7, 2016

When you're in too much of a hurry and you make things worse! Arghhh!!!

So today I decided to work on my suspension for my E30 project. Well things started off ok but ended badly.  I tried to remove the tie rod link ball joint and the from the lower control arm. The BFH didn't work so I went to Harbor Freight and found a good tool. Worked great like you see in the video below.



Now I got too cocky and tried to rush things...worse thing to do. Oh the horror!!! I hope I can file it down and get it threaded. 




Fixed it!!!

I found out there's a thread file. Autozone actually rents these tools so after using that I got it working. Car is put back together and feeling good!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...