Thursday, September 7, 2017

Pedal Commander what? Sprint Booster what? I can feel faster just by adding a little gizmo?


I ended up picking up a Pedal Commander for my Taco. It's a doohickey that adds more voltage to the drive-by-wire gas pedals that many newish cars (2000+) have versus the old fashion cable throttle.

I loved it in my Golf R and did a video on it. It's actually my highest viewing video ever by a landslide!



My theory...and I say mine is manufacturers wanted to get the highest EPA MPG ratings they can so if a driver can't make their car go fast or they feel it won't go, they'll put less efforts and accelerating which in turns saves gas. Little did they know drivers decided to punch it all the time at full WOT (Wide Open Throttle) or simply mashed the gas! 

This has actually helped people get better mpg.

Check out my video on YouTube and see for yourself. Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

My DIY splitter / lip for the R. Cheap mod!

Today I made my own splitter. I used my old Kerscher lip as a template to cut out some 1/4 inch ABS sheeting. Used my heat gun to make t...